Job Announcement: Civic Engagement Data Consultant
California Calls is a pioneer in developing Integrated Voter Engagement strategies that challenge the status quo to win systemic change for the communities most affected by social and economic injustice. The 2020 Census & Redistricting processes will be pivotal in ensuring our communities are properly resourced and represented. To ensure Black communities in California have a strong voice in the Census and Redistricting processes, California Calls has launched the Black Census & Redistricting Hub to help lead and coordinate messaging and outreach strategies across Black-led or serving organizations statewide.
The Data Consultant works closely with the Hub’s Staff and leadership to develop and implement cutting-edge organizing and data management strategies that increase the scale and effectiveness of Hub’s work to boost Census participation and continue to build a base of support.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Voter Data Management
- Design, set-up, and manage CA Calls Voter Data Management Systems through PDI
- Ensure timely and effective reporting on Census outreach results through the SwORD Portal
- Intensive data management and technology support for large-scale Civic Engagement Programs
- Assist with the development of voter and Census hard-to-count analysis (reports, maps, presentations, etc.) to guide and evaluate our work
- Work with the Hub’s Field Staff, Communications Consultant, and Data & Demography team to support the integration and utilization of voter data and other Census-related data sets to drive Hub outreach and communications strategies.
- Support Staff and Affiliates’ Data Management needs
- Technology Development
- Stay current on landscape of field, census and database technologies
- Work with Staff and Affiliates to research and test innovations
- Help manage the predictive Dialer system and Voter Outreach Tools
- Assist with and evaluate tech systems to address immediate issues and improve systems for the long term
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 Years Data Management experience in an Organizing or Campaign Context
- Experience with organizing and electoral campaigns — applying data management and analysis
- Extensive experience with Quantitative Analysis AND Voter Data management (using PDI or VAN)
- Experience with computer-based and mobile voter engagement technologies
- Experience with GIS mapping
- Extreme attention to detail, a perfectionist!
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Extensive experience working with organizers and translating Tech/ Data to non-tech people
- Effective communicator and project manager
Compensation is $60 per hour for maximum of $60,000 based on achieving contract requirements specified in the scope of work.
The Data Consultant is an independent contractor and not an employee or agent of California Calls. The Consultant is not entitled to any benefits that California Calls provides to its employees and hereby waives the right to participate in any such programs. Consultant also agrees that, consistent with independent Consultant status, Consultant will not apply for any government-sponsored benefits that are intended to apply to employees of CCEF, including, but not limited to, unemployment benefits. Consultant acknowledges and agrees that Consultant shall be responsible for filing all tax returns, tax declarations, and tax schedules, and for the payment of all the taxes required, when due, with respect to any and all compensation earned under this Agreement.
TERM: The contract period will be from September 2019 through July 2020.
Interested parties should send a Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 references to Melinda Ealy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Announcement: Digital Strategist
California Calls is an alliance of 30 dynamic local community-based organizations across the state working to achieve real, lasting policy change that strikes at the root causes of poverty, inequality and oppression. We are a pioneer in “Integrated Voter Engagement” which combines statewide on-going voter engagement, state-of-the-art technology and neighborhood-based community organizing to make sure who votes in California reflects who lives in California. By organizing the power of the people locked out of decision-making, building strategic alliances, and waging structural policy battles, we are shaping a new future for California based on justice and equality.
We’re looking for a Digital Strategist who can join our team and enhance our ground operation with dynamic digital organizing and content creation.
- Strategic, bold and innovative. We set ambitious goals and consistently experiment to shape a new blueprint to achieve justice.
- Democratic from the bottom up – our mission centers building the power of poor and working people and the leadership of our local partners
- Rigorous and disciplined to evaluate our progress and scale our power
- Fiercely committed to social, economic and racial justice
- An effective writer with a passion for the creative, who understands how to inspire and motivate all kinds of audiences.
- Able to create compelling visual content (graphics & video) that tells the story of California’s Emerging Electorate – including poor and working class families, communities of color and people who represent the majority in our state but aren’t politically active.
- Able to effectively document and amplify stories via photography and social media.
- A new media expert with an understanding of current trends and strategies to effectively leverage the power of social media.
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and driving them to completion, using rigorous, metric-driven analysis to balance short-term tactical campaigns with long-term strategic projects.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record of social media management and content creation.
- Work closely with the Strategic Communications Manager to coordinate and execute communications’ projects.
- Drive content creation process from concept, development and deployment.
- Manage social media platforms – including creating a social media calendar, deploying digital ad buys, and day to day management of facebook, twitter and instagram platforms.
- Assist in development of strategic communication analysis, methodologies, and narratives that impact worldview and engage a base of hundreds of thousands.
- Manage and curate video, photographs, stories and other creative content at events, conferences and speaking engagements.
- Support digital and field organizing through data organizing and mass Email and SMS campaigns.
- Website management for multiple brands.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Background in and commitment to social justice work.
- Must have strong digital skills including, basic HTML, WordPress, Facebook Business Manager, Action Network (or similar CRM), Photoshop & Adobe Premiere.
- Must have strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to produce high-quality creative content and photographs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diversity of people, organizations, communities, and cultures.
- (Preferred) experience in community and/ or labor organizing.
- Strong framing and messaging skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
$60,000 – $65,000 Annually (DOE). Generous benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation, flexible work schedule. Email resume, cover letter, and three references to Melinda Ealy – email@example.com