We’re looking for an amazing Accountant/Bookkeeper to join the California Calls team. California Calls is alliance of over 30 social justice organizations across the state working to achieve real, lasting progressive policy reform by transforming the electorate to better reflect the diversity of our state’s population and to change the way we think and talk about government.
You’ll be part of a team guided by rigorous, strategic planning and thoughtful analysis and evaluation. Since you’ll be helping drive the infrastructure for our work, you’ve got to be obsessed with the details and relentless in pursuing our overall goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports to Vice President of Finance and Administration; supervised by Senior Accountant
• Handles accounting entries for: accounts payable, receivables, and payroll
• Prepares bi-weekly journal entries for payroll and adjusting entries for general ledger accounts
• Ensures that vendor IRS Form W-9 files are complete and prepares annual Form 1099 for vendors
• Assists in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, including budget vs actual reports and grant specific financial reports
• Assembles information for annual external audit and tax return preparation
• Assists Human Resources processing: employee benefits, hiring and termination, personnel files
• Bachelor of Accounting degree preferred but not required
• Three (3) years accounting experience
• Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting, including expense tracking and reporting financial data for multiple grants and maintaining orderly accounting filing systems
• Standard office practices and procedures
• Strong Excel skills and experience with mid-range accounting software with accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger modules (preferably Blackbaud Financial Edge)
• Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in accordance with rules and regulations relating to IRS 501c3 and 501c4 non-profit organizations; 501c3 and 501c4 organizations
• Strong commitment to social justice work and to the organization’s guiding principles
• Ability to:
• Work independently and in a team environment
• Organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility
• Perform duties that require high attention to detail and apply rules and specific procedural requirements
• Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
• Maintain confidentiality of organization documents and records
• Valid driver’s license, personal automobile liability insurance and a personal vehicle in good working condition with valid automotive registration.
• No later than the first day of employment must provide acceptable documents for proof of identity and employment authorization in the United States for Form I-9.
Salary and Benefits:
• $60,000-$70,000 based on experience. This position is full-time and based in the Los Angeles. Generous benefits including medical, dental, etc. People of Color, Women and LGBTQI encouraged to apply.
• Email resume, cover letter and three references to Melinda Ealy at email@example.com.
• The organization is operating remotely until further notice. However, staff must attend in-office training and meetings when requested.