California Calls is an alliance of 30 dynamic local community-based organizations across the state working to achieve real, lasting policy change that strikes at the root causes of poverty, inequality and oppression. We are a pioneer in “Integrated Voter Engagement” which combines statewide on-going voter engagement, state-of-the-art technology and neighborhood-based community organizing to make sure who votes in California reflects who lives in California. By organizing the power of the people locked out of decision-making, building strategic alliances, and waging structural policy battles, we are shaping a new future for California based on justice and equality.
We’re looking for a Digital Strategist who can join our team and enhance our ground operation with dynamic digital organizing and content creation.
- Strategic, bold and innovative. We set ambitious goals and consistently experiment to shape a new blueprint to achieve justice.
- Democratic from the bottom up – our mission centers building the power of poor and working people and the leadership of our local partners
- Rigorous and disciplined to evaluate our progress and scale our power
- Fiercely committed to social, economic and racial justice
- An effective writer with a passion for the creative, who understands how to inspire and motivate all kinds of audiences.
- Able to create compelling visual content (graphics & video) that tells the story of California’s Emerging Electorate – including poor and working class families, communities of color and people who represent the majority in our state but aren’t politically active.
- Able to effectively document and amplify stories via photography and social media.
- A new media expert with an understanding of current trends and strategies to effectively leverage the power of social media.
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and driving them to completion, using rigorous, metric-driven analysis to balance short-term tactical campaigns with long-term strategic projects.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record of social media management and content creation.
- Work closely with the Strategic Communications Manager to coordinate and execute communications’ projects.
- Drive content creation process from concept, development and deployment.
- Manage social media platforms – including creating a social media calendar, deploying digital ad buys, and day to day management of facebook, twitter and instagram platforms.
- Assist in development of strategic communication analysis, methodologies, and narratives that impact worldview and engage a base of hundreds of thousands.
- Manage and curate video, photographs, stories and other creative content at events, conferences and speaking engagements.
- Support digital and field organizing through data organizing and mass Email and SMS campaigns.
- Website management for multiple brands.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Background in and commitment to social justice work.
- Must have strong digital skills including, basic HTML, WordPress, Facebook Business Manager, Action Network (or similar CRM), Photoshop & Adobe Premiere.
- Must have strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to produce high-quality creative content and photographs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diversity of people, organizations, communities, and cultures.
- (Preferred) experience in community and/ or labor organizing.
- Strong framing and messaging skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
$60,000 – $65,000 Annually (DOE). Generous benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation, flexible work schedule. Email resume, cover letter, and three references to Melinda Ealy – email@example.com