California Calls is a pioneer in developing Integrated Voter Engagement strategies that challenge the status quo to win systemic change for the communities most affected by social and economic injustice. The 2020 Census & Redistricting processes will be pivotal in ensuring our communities are properly resourced and represented. To ensure Black communities in California have a strong voice in the Census and Redistricting processes, California Calls has launched the Black Census & Redistricting Hub to help lead and coordinate messaging and outreach strategies across Black-led or serving organizations statewide.
The Data Consultant works closely with the Hub’s Staff and leadership to develop and implement cutting-edge organizing and data management strategies that increase the scale and effectiveness of Hub’s work to boost Census participation and continue to build a base of support.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Voter Data Management
- Design, set-up, and manage CA Calls Voter Data Management Systems through PDI
- Ensure timely and effective reporting on Census outreach results through the SwORD Portal
- Intensive data management and technology support for large-scale Civic Engagement Programs
- Assist with the development of voter and Census hard-to-count analysis (reports, maps, presentations, etc.) to guide and evaluate our work
- Work with the Hub’s Field Staff, Communications Consultant, and Data & Demography team to support the integration and utilization of voter data and other Census-related data sets to drive Hub outreach and communications strategies.
- Support Staff and Affiliates’ Data Management needs
- Technology Development
- Stay current on landscape of field, census and database technologies
- Work with Staff and Affiliates to research and test innovations
- Help manage the predictive Dialer system and Voter Outreach Tools
- Assist with and evaluate tech systems to address immediate issues and improve systems for the long term
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 Years Data Management experience in an Organizing or Campaign Context
- Experience with organizing and electoral campaigns — applying data management and analysis
- Extensive experience with Quantitative Analysis AND Voter Data management (using PDI or VAN)
- Experience with computer-based and mobile voter engagement technologies
- Experience with GIS mapping
- Extreme attention to detail, a perfectionist!
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Extensive experience working with organizers and translating Tech/ Data to non-tech people
- Effective communicator and project manager
Compensation is $60 per hour for maximum of $60,000 based on achieving contract requirements specified in the scope of work.
The Data Consultant is an independent contractor and not an employee or agent of California Calls. The Consultant is not entitled to any benefits that California Calls provides to its employees and hereby waives the right to participate in any such programs. Consultant also agrees that, consistent with independent Consultant status, Consultant will not apply for any government-sponsored benefits that are intended to apply to employees of CCEF, including, but not limited to, unemployment benefits. Consultant acknowledges and agrees that Consultant shall be responsible for filing all tax returns, tax declarations, and tax schedules, and for the payment of all the taxes required, when due, with respect to any and all compensation earned under this Agreement.
TERM: The contract period will be from September 2019 through July 2020.
Interested parties should send a Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 references to Melinda Ealy: firstname.lastname@example.org